Section 102.2.1 Rule Change Enactment
Rules go into effect 30 days after being posted on the IKF Website.
2018 IKF Rulebook (Legacy)
The IKF Rules and Rulebook are for the exclusive use of, and participation in, IKF sanctioned facilities, series, and events. By opening the Rulebook, you agree to abide by all terms and conditions contained within concerning its use and distribution.
|2019 LO206 Rules
Jan 15 2019
2019 RULE UPDATES
May 2, 2019
Add to: 184.108.40.206
The loss of a wheel during any on-track session will result in a penalty. Loss during practice will result in the loss of practice for the balance of the day. Loss during a competition session will result in a 10-position grid penalty in the next competitive session or disqualification in the final. Determination of cause of loss by technical officials is final and not protestable.
April 8, 2019
220.127.116.11.5 Neck Collars:
- Adult classes – optional
- Junior classes – as specified in section.
April 2, 2019
- All cameras are to be mounted safely to kart, preferred location is front panel, but other locations are permitted if approved by Technical director. Cameras are NOT permitted on sidepods, radiator or on drivers’ person or helmet. Cameras lost on track will be impounded and returned after last competition session.
March 14, 2019 – Briggs & Stratton 206 “Pump 2019” – Non-Impacting.
February 22, 2019
- Section 206.2 Replaced by:
- Transponder: Transponder shall be mounted per CIK positioning — on back of seat at a height of 25cm +/- 5cm.
February 19, 2019 – Briggs & Stratton 206 Engine Rule Update – Non-Impacting.
2018 RULE UPDATES
28 January 2018
- Section 18.104.22.168.5 Add as last sentence: In Senior Classes in the Sprint Division (Section 200), the use of neck braces and neck collars is optional.
- Section 301 Road Race Grand National Championship Classes
- Class #1 change to:
- FKE 1 – 100cc Open 80/85cc Gearbox 370
- 100cc Clutch Enduro 400
- 100cc Clutch Spring 360
- Class #1 FKE -1 & Class #2 FKE -2 Fuel – change to read: GAS/OIL
- Class #1 change to:
- Add to Section 721- g. A tech official may use additional means of measuring components to compare against a known stock part.
- Add to Section 721.3 A racer MUST start each race with the air filter properly attached but will NOT be penalized if the air filter falls off during the race. It is still subject to tech.
- Change Section 721.4.1 Gasoline no greater than 94 Octane is recommended. Specific gravity and hydrometer testing are acceptable tests when used in accordance to sanctioning body guidelines.
- Add to Section 721.5 NO alterations allowed unless stated below. ALL intake manifold fasteners to remain factory stock. The use of studs, etc. are illegal.
- Add to Section 721.17 Factory machining marks left on the head gasket surface IS a tech item.
- Add and change to Section 721.9.3 change .185″ to .183″
- Add to bottom line of Section 721.9.3 Push rod diameter to be checked 3 points along the length and must pass two planes on each 360 degrees of rotation.
- Change Section 722.214.171.124 to Recommended .014” to .016″. Air gap is a non tech item.
- Add to Section 7126.96.36.199 Temperature thermocouple permitted as long as sealing washer and/or air guard are not modified.
- Change Section 721.8.2 30 degrees BTDC to 26 degrees BTDC
- Add to Section 721.8.2 With air gap set at .016”. See figure 721.8.2.
- Static Check for Timing:Install a degree wheel or a Degree meter using a positive stop method.
With the left edge of the first magnet aligned with the start of the lead leg of the ignition (refer to photo figure 721.8.2), the engine must not exceed 26 degrees with air gap set at .016″. Timing is checked in the direction the engine operates.
- Add to Section 721.23 after shoes. Clutch must be used as shipped from the ORIGINAL manufacturer. Mixing of parts between clutch lines or manufactures or removing parts (ie. Grease guard, etc.) is ILLEGAL. No alteration to clutch allowed except springs, driver, driver conversion, clutch key, and crankshaft fastener kit, which are non-tech.Clutch coolers are not allowed.
- Add Section 721.23.1 Clutch drums must be stamped single-piece steel only. Clutch hubs must be single-piece steel, other alloys not allowed.
- Add Section 721.23.2 Clutch claim rule – Per standard sanctioning body guidelines, claiming can be implemented, Maximum of $160.00.
- Any questions regarding Section 721 changes, please contact Mr. George Shear at 405-799-9204.
15 February 2018
Section 850.1 2 Cycle Sprint Regional Classes
- IAME Cup – Change to read: Details are in Section 676
- IAME Cup Junior – Change to read: Details are in Section 676
- IKF TAG – Change to read: Details are in Section 676
11 April 2018
721.11 : Head Gasket
- Unaltered B&S part #555723 is the only head gasket allowed.
- Minimum thickness allowed is .047″. Measurement must be performed using a micrometer. Readings are taken from inside the cylinder hole of the gasket closest to the combustion chamber (see diagram). Four measurements are to be taken in the four defined quadrants with 3 meeting the minimum thickness of .047”.
Note: These PDF’s are to determine basic component dimensions and weights not posted in Section 675 Chart. In the event of conflicting specifications the Section 675 Chart’s specifications take precedence.
(05-07-09) TAG LEOPARD ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS
(06-02-09) GAZELLE 60CC ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS
(07-06-09) ROKTT ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS
(07-14-09) GAZELLE AND MINI-SWIFT PISTONS INFORMATION
(10-08-09) TAG PRD ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS
(12-17-09) TAG MOTORI 7 ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS
(03-28-11) TAG MY09 LEOPARD ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS
(01-23-14) PRD CONTROLLED UPDATES (TECH BULLETINS 18,19, 20)
(02-12-14) PARILLA X30 125CC RL-C TAG
(01-27-15) 2015 PRD 125CC CONTROLLED TAG RULES & ADDENDUMS
(02-25-15) 2015 PRD 125CC CONTROLLED TAG RULES & ADDENDUMS REVISED
(04-06-16) 2016 X125T 125CC TAG TECHNICAL INFORMATION
(05-24-16) 2016 IKF WING KART RULES
(02-24-17) 2017 CHEST PROTECTORS / HELMETS
(02-27-17) BRIGGS AND STRATTON 206 / ANIMAL / M-SERIES / WORLD FORMULA AIR INLET CHAMFER CLARIFICATION
(08-15-17) BRIGGS AND STRATTON CLUTCH RULE UPDATE
Note: These PDF’s are for Honda Kid Kart Rules and Updates